IELTS Sample Letter (Friend; Camping Trip; Informal; Writing Task 1 General)

IELTS Writing Task 1 (General) (Letter)

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

A friend of yours is thinking of going on a camping holiday for the first time this summer. He/She has asked for your advice.               

                Write a letter to your friend. In your letter

       explain why you think your friend would enjoy a camping holiday

       describe some possible disadvantages

       say whether you would like to go camping with your friend this summer

Write at least 150 words.

You do NOT need to write any addresses.

Begin your letter as follows:

Dear ……………. ,


Sample Letter

Step-by-step writing of this sample

Dear Leo,

Hope you are doing well. I was delighted, and I have to say surprised, to receive your message that you are considering taking a camping vacation during summers. I know it’ll be a first for you because of which you’re a little apprehensive but I’m certain it’ll be a great experience for you. It will be an exciting break for you from your desk job. What is more, you couldn’t have asked for a better time to take an outdoor vacation—July is the best time possible.

 However, since you’re a novice at this, you should be aware of the possible demerits if you choose to go ahead with this. There are not too many of them. One is that since you’re used to staying at leisure resorts as a rule, this would be out of your comfort zone, but then life is an adventure. Right? Also, being in the open comes along with bugs but it’s nothing that a good mosquito repellent can’t take care of.

 Before I sign off, thanks a ton for asking me to come along. You know, I am an outdoorsy kind of person and would love to tag along. However, what with the new project that I’ve taken on and will be working on around that time, I don’t think it’ll be possible. Still, send me your itinerary and I will try if can get a couple of days off.

 In the meanwhile, let’s meet up one of these days for lunch; looking forward to meeting you someday soon.

Warmest regards,

John

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sample Essay - Reason Solution (Writing Task 2)

Samples Answers (Radio & Television Audiences in UK, 1992)

Letters--Writing Task 1 IELTS General Training (Templates)